Monday, March 19, 2007

J'ai une ame solitaire.


"Mr. Brad Delp. J'ai une ame solitaire. I am a lonely soul."
These words were paper-clipped to the neck of Brad Delp's shirt. Brad was the lead singer of Boston -- police found his body on the bathroom floor, his head on a pillow. He had sealed himself inside with two charcoal grills.
Another note was found at the top of the stairs: "I take complete and sole responsibility for my present situation. I have lost my desire to live," he wrote.

Other famous suicide notes include:

"I must end it. There's no hope left. I'll be at peace. No one had anything to do with this. My decision totally."
~ Freddie Prinze, comedian, January 29, 1977

"All fled--all done, so lift me on the pyre;
The feast is over, and the lamps expire."
~ Robert E. Howard, writer, June 11, 1936

"I feel certain that I'm going mad again. I feel we can't go thru another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices."
~ Virginia Woolf, author, March 28, 1941

"To my friends: My work is done. Why wait?"
~ George Eastman, inventor, March 14, 1932

and

"Football Season Is Over. No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax This won't hurt."
~ Hunter S. Thompson, author, 20 February, 2005

0 comments: