Friday, March 16, 2007

I-Random (1st 10 random tracks)

These were the first 10 shuffle tracks on my Ipod this morning--
*(idea lovingly borrowed from The Sticking Point)

Godwhacker - Steely Dan, Everything Must Go
Love this song. Classic Donald Fagan lyrics about people you don't know but dearly want to...

The Thing That Should Not Be -- Metallica, Master of Puppets
Such angry focus. Super cool Lovecraftian horror-rock...

You Are What You Love -- Jenny Lewis, Rabbit Fur Coat
Love this woman, love her voice... Great Album

Sayin' it and Doin' It -- James Brown, Hell
The anthem of my life. "They're just as much different as night and day"...

Miss Darling -- Big Walter Horton, Mouth Harp Maestro
Legendary Harmonica player known for his huge hands and brutal alcoholism...

Double Clutching -- John Coltrane, Coltrane Time
Killer contrapuntal tune...

Sweet Little Girl -- Stevie Wonder, Music Of My Mind
So funky. My favorite Stevie album...

Stick It Out -- Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage
Great song; song by a robot, mostly, in German...

Speak -- Queensryche, Operation Mindcrime
My favorite concept album not called The Wall. Best track...

No Children -- The Mountain Goats, Tallahassee
So, so great. Chorus complete with "I hope you die. I hope we both die"...

Won't you post your Random 10 in the comments section? H

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

1 - Ghost Train - Counting Crows
My official album of the mid-nineties.
2 - Untitled - Sigur Ros
Excellent mood music, if your mood is Icelandic.
3 - Police & Thieves - The Clash
Whew, that was a leap.
4 - Everlong (Acoustic) - Foo Fighters
I forget where I got this mp3 of the first acoustic version of this song from the Howard Stern show. But it's a good one.
5 - I Want to Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
I tend to skip the classic Beatles stuff in shuffle because I've heard them so many times.
6 - Devil's Haircut - Beck
I love the guitar riff.
7 - Possibilities - Weezer
From Maladroit, the under-appreciated album
8 - Let Go - Frou Frou
Garden State anthem
9 - Evaporated - Ben Folds Five
A great song when you need to wallow in some self-pity. To be used very sparingly
10 - Unit 6: Where Do you Live? - Teach Yourself Tagalog
Um, yeah.