Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Saturday Night's alright for fighting...

It’s just something I believe in and believe in strongly. I’m always going to do that. We ask our fans to buy a lot of pay-per-view and so I believe they deserve this. And I’m not going to be greedy and give them all of the good stuff on pay-per-view and put dog (expletive) on (basic cable) TV. I’m going to put our best guys on for them.
-- UFC President Dana White on Saturday's
free Fight Night

UFC 75

Date: Sept. 8, 2007
Location: London, England
Broadcast: Spike TV, 9pm (tape delay)

MAIN CARD

  • PRIDE champion Dan Henderson vs. UFC champion Quinton Jackson
  • Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic vs. Cheick Kongo
  • Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill
  • Houston Alexander vs. Alessio Sakara
Free, baby! For those of you who have never seen a night of MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), Saturday would be a fine time to check it out... a GREAT card, with two Champions fighting each other, great personal drama, and Cro Cop: Croatia's head of their counter-terrorism unit (and Democratic Parliament Member).
Need a primer for Saturday (and why you should watch)? Email me. I will pitch you and sell you...

Fight Card: A-
UFC's overall packaging: D-

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see The Ultimate Close Talker, Mike Goldberg, once again make Joe Rogan and the entire viewing audience extremely uncomfortable.