Saturday, March 10, 2007


Give them nothing! But take from them... everything!
-- Spartan King Leonidas

Don’t tell the critics, but “300″ is a new kind of action movie, a clever synthesis of the stylized epic storytelling practiced by Peter Jackson in “Lord of the Rings” and the stop ‘n’ start fast-motion cutting of the Wachowski brothers’ “Matrix” series. It’s a gamer’s view of the world that film critics don’t relate to because they seem to have forgotten the kick they got from reading comics as kids.
--
Patrick Goldstein

2 comments:

John Camillieri said...

Would you believe I had a ticket to the premier? My friend Beth Cohen forgot to tell me.

I'm up in Hopewell Junction this weekend visiting my sister and in laws and getting my taxes done by Steve's mom.

Anonymous said...

"He was blood-drunk..."